Van Cortlandt Park is a 1,146 acre NYC Park in the Northwest Bronx. Van Cortlandt Park…
- is the third largest New York City Park with 1,146 acres.
- has the largest freshwater lake in the borough.
- contains The Bronx’s oldest building, the Van Cortlandt House built in 1748-49.
- has the oldest municipal golf course in the United States, the Van Cortlandt Golf Course, founded in 1895.
- has a National Historic Landmark trail, the Old Croton Aqueduct Trail, which travels the route of the city’s original water tunnel.
- has a cross-country running course with a national reputation. Every year, the rugged course hosts the national cross-country championships as well as the Manhattan College Invitational for high school students throughout the U.S.
Places You Should Consider
Add to My Connections